If you have a general query about the COVID-19 vaccine, please look on the NHS Inform website or use the national helpline 0800 030 8013 which is open from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week.
Vaccine rollout to the general public, based on age and underlying health conditions, will start as soon as possible, and will depend on vaccine supply. This is likely to be at the start of the new year, so please look out for a letter and a leaflet arriving in the post, which will invite you to make an appointment for your vaccine. The first group to receive this will be the over 80s.
Please avoid calling with any general queries about the COVID-19 vaccine as we are unable to give you any more information at this stage and we need to try and keep the phone lines open for people who are unwell and needing medical care.
Many thanks for your ongoing patients and cooperation.
We are expecting to start vaccinating our patients who are aged 80 and over from 20.1.21. The practice will contact patients directly to book an appointment. If you do not hear from us, please telephone the practice.
To enable us to proceed with vaccinations as efficiently as possible please note:
1. Arrive at your precise appointment time, as you will not be able to wait within the practice beforehand. This is for your own protection.
2. Your carer/family member can accompany you to the front door only (except in exceptional circumstances), and will have to wait outside. This is to minimise footfall within the practice as we are unable to maintain social distancing.
3. The appointment is for vaccination only, and no other problems or issues will be dealt with by the vaccinator.
4. Please wear a short sleeved garment under your coats/jackets.
4. If driving to the practice, you will not be able to drive within 15 minutes of receiving a vaccine, so you should wait in your car until this time elapses.
5. The appointment is for vaccination only, and no other problems or issues can be dealt with by the vaccinator.
6. Please only attend if you wish to have this vaccination and if you do arrive, this means you consent to the procedure.
7. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU HAVE ANY COUGH OR FEVER OR CHANGE OF TASTE OR SMELL.
8. We will phone you in approximately 12 weeks following your 1st vaccination to arrange an appointment for your 2nd vaccination. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ATTEND FOR THIS.